Request for Proposals: Website RedesignPosted on: February 1, 2023
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS) provides free legal assistance to indigent and other vulnerable people who cannot afford to hire a lawyer. We protect their livelihoods, health, housing, and families. Through legal representation, we can assure fairness for our clients as they navigate through the civil justice system. SLLS works to combat the inequities and disproportionate impacts faced by marginalized communities of color. We are the largest nonprofit civil legal services provider in Louisiana serving 50% of the state’s poverty population in twenty-two parishes across southeast Louisiana.
Request for Proposals
SLLS seeks proposals for a redesign of its current website, www.slls.org. The site should be a visually appealing, accessible, and easy-to-navigate space for clients, volunteers, donors, and the community to apply for legal assistance, find legal resources and learn more about SLLS.
The website design should be clean, interactive, fully responsive, and consistent with SLLS branding. There should be a consistent style sheet across all pages. The homepage design should include at a minimum:
- Prominent display of how to find and apply for legal services
- Search bar
- Section for impact data and/or client testimonial
- Streamlined display of news, new blog posts, or new legal resources
- Newsletter sign up
- Donate button
- A pop-up window to display urgent news or updates
- Ability to modify the navigation menu without disrupting the design
- Engaging content that highlights our disaster legal services
The website should be easy to manage with the ability to add additional elements as needed. We would prefer to use WordPress and Divi but are open to other CMS. Specific functionality needs include:
- Ability to create FAQ-style dropdown menus within pages
- Clickable location map and ability to search for offices by zip code
- Ability to have multiple blogs (news, blog, and job openings)
- Events page with a calendar embedded
- Resource section that is categorized and searchable
- Ability to create forms/registration as needed
- Integration with Bloomerang, our donor management CRM
- Ability to create redirect links
- Transfer all blog items and some existing pages to the new website
- Website hosting
- GA4 setup
- SEO and the ability to customize metadata for sharing on social media
- TLS 1.2. & 1.3 security encryption
We would like to soft launch the site by June 2023.
Proposals should be submitted by Wednesday, March 1, 2023, to Lynette Martin at email@example.com. Proposals should include at minimum:
- Description of the firm and a general overview of qualifications
- Timeline and budget for completing the project
Evaluation Criteria and Award of Contract
SLLS may elect to schedule a conference call with potential consultants prior to awarding a final contract. Please include contact information for scheduling purposes in the RFP.
Proposals will be evaluated upon the contractor’s responsiveness to the RFP, qualifications, demonstrated experience with similar projects, and total price quoted for all items covered by the RFP. Award of the contract resulting from the RFP will be based upon the most responsive contract that is most advantageous to SLLS in terms of cost, functionality, experience, and quality of past work.
SLLS ideally seeks a firm that understands its needs as a nonprofit and legal services organization and is invested in our missions of achieving justice and social change by fighting poverty.
SLLS reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive any minor discrepancies or technicalities in the proposal or specifications, when deemed to be in the best interest of SLLS. We also reserve the right to negotiate with all respondents to the RFP and reject any or all offers and discontinue this RFP process without obligation or liability to any respondent.
Cost of Proposals
SLLS will not pay any costs associate with preparing proposals in response to this RFP.