New Jefferson Parish Emergency Rental Assistance ApplicationPosted on: March 1, 2021
Jefferson Parish has announced a new Emergency Rental Assistance Program to help cover up to 15 months of rent. Funds will be issued on a first come first served, so apply early.
Funds for approved applicants will be sent directly to the landlord.
Who is eligible?
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Jefferson Parish.
- Have a current residential lease agreement.
- Have current utility bill in your name.
- Be able to show you were not behind on rent before April 1, 2020, and are otherwise in good standing with the terms of the lease.
- Total household income is not more than the following:
Number of People in Your Household Annual Household Income Monthly Average 1 $39,450 $3,287.50 2 $45,050 $3,754.16 3 $50,700 $4,225.00 4 $56,300 $4,691.66 5 $60,850 $5,070.83 6 $65,350 $5,445.83 7 $69,850 $5,820.83 8 $74,350 $6,195.83
- Have documentation to show a decrease in household income related to COVID-19. This includes:
- Employment Termination Notice
- Payroll Check or Pay Stubs
- Bank Statements
- Medical Bills
- Signed Letter from Employer explaining your change in financial circumstances
- Unemployment Award Letter
- You will also need to sign an agreement that states you are not receiving rental assistance from any other programs or other help on the rent from as a sub-lease or roommates.
*Section 8 Tenants whose rent is based on their household income may be eligible to participate in the Program, and receive up to their share of the rent.
*Tenants living in a subsidized property may be eligible for the TENANT Portion only.
How do I apply?
To apply, you must create an account and fill out the application here. To create an account, you will need to have an email address. It is important that you provide a working email address and phone number.
If you need assistance with the application, you can call (504) 226-2324 or email email@example.com.
Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a call from a representative if you are eligible. If you are not eligible for the program, you will receive a notification in the mail.
The information provided on this post does not, and is not intended to, represent legal advice. All information available on this site is for general informational purposes only.